Minutes – June 2016

< back to Minutes Index Page

Printing: For best layout use PDF option then print from Adobe Reader.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Mismanagement Meeting of Wednesday, 8th June 2016

Attendees:  
Baht Bus Gestapo, Ball Ringer, Crapper, Liberace, Menstrual Disorder, Mental Disorder, Sir Free Willy, VV, Wank-King's Wanker

Recorded by:  Sir Free Willy

Minutes:  

  • Baht Bus Gestapo and Liberace will visit the engraving shop in Sattahip to find out if the shop is the same family that supplied our engraved mugs up to a year ago. They were unable to visit this month due to outside personal and business commitments.
  • Baht Bus Gestapo has visited the Wat where the Black Pearl is stored. In conversation with the abbots they have agreed in principal to allow PH3 the use of the bus again. The bus is in need of repairs to return it to road-worthiness and there may be outstanding issues with documentation and taxation. The committee agreed to progress the project to get the Black Pearl back on the road in light of this new information. A detailed agreement between PH3 and the Wat will need to be developed.
  • SFW has had a mock up design of the PH3 business card produced. He will return to the printer to get a modified design. Hopefully we can decide final appearance at the next meeting.
  • Liberace reported that the economy remains healthy and that May had been a good month with well above average sign-ups for this time of year. Beer consumption continues within the projected level. Rags and raffle revenue continue to supply a good source of extra revenue. In spite of high extraordinary expenses this month the PH3 is still within the budgetary program..
  • Wank-King’s Wanker continues with the website and database modernization project. Benefits are beginning to be seen in shorter time to update the website and produce the weekly reports. Further improvements are to be expected as time progresses. This is a large project being advanced in spare time and is expected to continue for a substantial time yet.
  • VV is having the broken wood floor of the beer truck replaced with heavy-duty all-weather plywood to hold the heavy beer coolers. VV raised concerns about having no beer police for the past two weeks. It was explained that beer consumption was now within guidelines, beer police were considered unnecessary. At VV’s request, beer police will be back in future. They are more to help him with the running of the beer truck than a reflection of high beer consumption by the members.
  • VV is going back to Belgium for a few weeks. In his absence Mental Disorder and Menstrual Disorder will be in charge of and operate the beer truck. As was done last year, Sir Free Willy will assist with loading and unloading and with storing inventory.
  • It was noted by Liberace some groups of hashers are sending a single member to bring back unopened cans of beers to their group. The committee agreed that this sends out bad vibes to other members. The GM will speak to the members in the circle about this point.
  • The mismanagement is to look into the production of a new generic patch for general sale.
  • Sir Free Willy advised the mismanagement that two hashers, while on other business, enquired at Housescreen Printers about cost of producing 100 generic T-shirts. Their proposed actions were certainly made with the best intentions. The committee reminds that any proposal involving rags and incorporating the PH3 logo must be formally made to and voted at the monthly meeting.
  • The hare-line has five spare date’s from the third week in August to the end of September. If anyone wishes to hare on these dates, please contact the hareraiser.
  • On the 4th July we have the American Independence Day Run and on the 25th July the annual Aussie Run. We all look forward to two more great days out from the respective hares.
  • Liberace confirms the four happy hour bars continue to enjoy healthy attendances and sees no reason to change the format for the foreseeable future.
  • It was with sadness that we learned of the untimely death of John ‘The Pope’ Earl at the end of last month. The committee expressed its regrets that we failed to arrange a commerative wreath for the funeral. This was purely oversight and we would have happily provided one. To prevent recurrence we have accepted the following policy:
    “PH3 will send flowers or a wreath for such an occasion. This will be triggered by those closest to the deceased contacting the mismanagement with the relevant details as early as possible.”

 NB: IF THERE IS AN ACTION AGAINST YOUR NAME, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE SOME PROGRESS AND REPORT THIS TO THE NEXT MEETING – NMC (GM)

< back to Minutes Index Page